- Your story is your story, just as other people's stories belong to them. Outside of this group you can choose to share your story with whomever you’d like, however you'd like. But, sharing someone else's story is breaking the confidences we need for the group to function.
- As survivors of DVA, we must remember that confidentiality/privacy often equals safety.
- Sometimes we need to be reachable, but when we are in group we should be focused on each other.
- Please respect the limited time we have together and the needs of others to share their stories..
- If you can only be with in the group for part of the meeting, please let a group leader know ahead of time.
- The main purpose of this group is to be supportive. To do that we need to be honest with one another, but never judgmental. This includes time outside of the group – NEVER discuss your opinions of other group members with anyone.
- As DVA survivors, we have all experienced “discussions” that began with “you” and the effects that had on us
- This one is self-explanatory.
- Come to meetings sober. Meetings are meant to help us deal with the feelings drugs and alcohol cover up.
Printed Name Date